[AUCTeX] Bug: tilde breaks quote insertation

From: Plamen Tanovski
Subject: [AUCTeX] Bug: tilde breaks quote insertation
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 13:28:59 +0100

Hi,

I have a text where a quote is preceeded by a tilde, like this

... das Wort~"`ja"' ...

TeX-insert-quote fails on this and inserts close-quote instead of
open-quote. The reason is because tilde is not included in the regex
for the looking-at function. I can imagine 3 possible solutions, but I
really don't know which ist the best:

1. Include ~ in the regex

2. Make ~ whitespace in the sysntax table and use "\s " in the
regex.

3. Introduce a new customizable variable TeX-whitespaces, and use it
everywhere.

best regards,

--
Plamen Tanovski