[AUCTeX] Emacs23 won't load tex-site.el

From: Haines Brown
Subject: [AUCTeX] Emacs23 won't load tex-site.el
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:30:29 -0500

I replaced emacs21 with emacs23 under debian etch. One result is
that this line in ~/.emacs now causes an error:

  (require 'tex-site)

The error:

    end of file during parsing: /home/brownh/elisp/tex-site.el

I've not touched the file tex-site.el, although the error suggests a
missing closed parenthesis or something unterminated. Is it possible
that such a coding error could remain undetected until emacs was
upgraded?

Is this file supplied by the debian auctex package? So would a simple
auctex uninstall-reinstall be likely to fix the problem?

--

       Haines Brown, KB1GRM