Re: [AUCTeX] Command completion

From: José Carlos Santos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Command completion
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:02:56 +0000

On 13-02-2008 6:41, Ralf Angeli wrote:

According to the AucTeX manual, command completion could be obtained
using M-<TAB>. However, this is not working for me. Suppose that I write

\dat

and then I do M-<TAB>. Then I get this error message:

Searching for program: no such file or directory, egrep

What's the output of `C-h k M-<TAB>' in a LaTeX buffer?

M-TAB (translated from <escape> <tab>) runs the command ispell-complete-word
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `ispell.el'.
It is bound to M-TAB, <menu-bar> <tools> <spell> <ispell-complete-word>.
(ispell-complete-word &optional interior-frag)

Try to complete the word before or under point (see `lookup-words').
If optional interior-frag is non-nil then the word may be a character
sequence inside of a word.

Standard ispell choices are then available.

Does it work if you use `M-C-i'?

No; I get again the error message:

Searching for program: no such file or directory, egrep

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos