[AUCTeX] Re: preview of itemize

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: preview of itemize
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:52:56 +0200

Hi David,

* David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Fabian Braennstroem <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Wouldn't it better to preview only the bullets?  Since in your case the
>>> bullets are shown you could use something like
>>> \PreviewMacro{\item}
>> Sounds good, I'll test it.
>
> I think there was some magic involved to get counters right in the
> optional presence of optional arguments.
>
> The default \item definition is
>
> address@hidden
>
> in order to get previews in the \item text right.  I have no time
> for thinking about this right now, but it is likely easier to get the
> bullets previewed rather than _not_ to get previews in a way that allows
> previewing inside of \item, like done above.

Thanks for your help! I tried 'PreviewMacro{\item}', but no
success. I'll try your  advice next.

For the record; I have an old version:

exceplx049~> latex --version
TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159
kpathsea version 3.4.5
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 D.E. Knuth.
Kpathsea is copyright (C) 1997-2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the TeX copyright and
the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files
named COPYING and the TeX source.
Primary author of TeX: D.E. Knuth.
Kpathsea written by Karl Berry and others.

Greetings!
 Fabian