Re: [AUCTeX] [emacs] template for local variables

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [emacs] template for local variables
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 21:45:46 +0200

* Bernhard Kleine (2008-07-02) writes:

> However, since I am using almost exclusively pdflatex and try to have
> longer lines, I always add two more lines to this template. How can I add
> the lines to the template once and for ever, not to have to retype this
> stuff again?
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% Tex-PDF-mode: t
> %%% fill-column: 95
> %%% TeX-master: "anyname"
> %%% End:

The stanza to be inserted is hard-coded more or less.  On a low level
you could probably fiddle with `find-file-hook' and add a function which
finds the stanza and inserts your changes, but I am not sure this is a
good idea.

With respect to TeX PDF mode, why don't you just do
M-x customize-variable <RET> TeX-PDF-mode <RET>
and set the default to t as described in the AUCTeX manual?

And you could set `fill-column' in `LaTeX-mode-hook' if you want it to
be changed in LaTeX mode only, but not in other modes.