[AUCTeX] Installation: Latex not found

From: Armando Martins
Subject: [AUCTeX] Installation: Latex not found
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:43:47 +0100

I tried to install Auctex after having removed my Tex installation from the system and reinstalled Tex Live off CD (so I didn't install in the system the distribution but it runs from the CD; and I have accordingly changed variables in ~/.profile). But Yast (I use Suse 10.3) removed my auctex though I have ordered it keep auctex. So I don't have highlighting of syntax and other shortcuts for commands. The point is that when I install Auxtec configure says it hasn't found Latex and I should Install it first otherwise preview latex won't work. Shall I assume that Auctex is not compatible with a TexLive distro runnig directly from a CD?
Or should I change something else in ~/.profile?
Thanks
Armando
--
A utilizar o cliente de correio revolucionário da Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/