[AUCTeX] Replacing highlighted region with LaTeX-math-* commands

From: Evgeny Makarov
Subject: [AUCTeX] Replacing highlighted region with LaTeX-math-* commands
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:29:09 -0400

Hello,

I am using cua-mode, where typing while a region is active replaces the region with what has been typed. This does not work, however, for LaTeX-math-* commands (for example, LaTeX-math-pi): these commands insert text at the point preserving the region. Is it possible to make them replace highlighted region?

Looking at the code in cua-base.el, there are lines like

(define-key cua--region-keymap [remap self-insert-command] 'cua-replace-region)

I tried remapping LaTeX-math-* commands in a similar way, and it works for LaTeX-math-pi, but not for LaTeX-math-insert. So is it possible to remap all, or let's say, LaTeX-math-[greek-letter] commands at once and not individually?

I am using GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 and AUCTeX 2008-02-10 on Ubuntu.

Thank you.
Evgeny