Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:46:50 +0100

* J. Burton (2009-03-24) writes:

> Something related to this that seems to happen sporadically is that if
> I have evince (the pdf viewer I use) open with a copy of the document
> in it, previewing in AUCTeX will result in evince loading a pdf
> document that consists of separate pages for all the preview items,
> formulae, section titles etc as well as graphics. Obviously, I'd
> like those to appear in the buffer, not evince.

As far as I could see, preview-latex uses the same file name for the PDF
file with the previews as the normal LaTeX run uses for its output file.
Another symptom of this is that the normal output file can disappear
after a preview-latex run.  I've posted a view observations about this
on the bug reporting list and was hoping for David to comment.