[AUCTeX] Re: is it possible to insert such a symbol?

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: is it possible to insert such a symbol?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:55:20 +0200

> In such a text it would probably be better to just type e.g. `$ y $'
> instead of `$ $ <back> y <forward>'.

What I would really like in this regard is to move between elements with
tab. CDLaTeX, which is bundled in Org-mode (included in Emacs 23 and
maybe earlier versions as well).
For example with tab I can move like this:

\(f^{tab once}_{tab once more}\)

It is very impressive! Also, tab will remove unneeded
braces. I.e. \(x^{2}\) becomes \(x^2\) if I tab. I am always missing the
very efficient tab-movement etc. when I go from Org-mode to AUCTeX.

It is probably quite possible to use CDLaTeX in AUCTeX. It would be
great if it could be enabled easily and without conflicts, though.

A long the same line. It would be great if \( TAB insereted
\(<cursor>\).

Cheers,
Rasmus