[AUCTeX] reftex cannot find included LaTeX files with other extension

From: Wenguang Wang
Subject: [AUCTeX] reftex cannot find included LaTeX files with other extension
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:55:17 -0700

Hi,

I have a multi-file noweb project.  The file type is .mm (to
workaround a problem of my IDE debugger).  I have also added the
following file extensions into my .emacs file:

(setq reftex-file-extensions  '(("mm" ".mm" "nw") ("bib" ".bib")))

(setq TeX-file-extensions '( "mm" ".mm" "nw" "sty" "cls" "ltx" "texi" "texinfo"))

And at the end of each non-master file, I have:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: Noweb
%%% noweb-code-mode: c++-mode
%%% TeX-master: "mynowebproj"
%%% End:

And in mynowebproj.mm file, the TeX-master line is:

%%% TeX-master: t

However, when I save these .mm files, or when I open TOC on these
files using RefTex, it cannot find all the files I included:

\include{intro-overview}
\include{arch-overview}

Only after I change the included file names to:

\include{intro-overview.mm}
\include{arch-overview.mm}

Before RefTex can find the files and show the correct TOC.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!

-Wenguang