[AUCTeX] automatic insertion of labels

From: David Romano
Subject: [AUCTeX] automatic insertion of labels
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:47:35 -0600 (CST)

Two questions, really:

1) When I use TeX-insert-macro to insert "\label", I get the message
"Symbol's function definition is void: nil" instead of being prompted for an argument. Is this normal? How can I change this so that I am prompted for an argument?

2) Is is possible to have labels automatically inserted for theorem-like environments the way they can be for equation-like environments? I haven't been able to find out what the corresponding variables might be.

Thanks for your help,
David Romano