Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX/Auctex on Fedora 12

From: Simon ....
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX/Auctex on Fedora 12
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:39:07 +0200

I'm also using Fedora 12 with emacs-auctex. Both emacs-auctex and texlive (version 2007) are available via yum.

Regards,
Simon

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Joost Kremers <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:58:12AM +0100, Dave Cook wrote:
> I have just done a series of (long overdue) updates to Fedora (from 9
> to 12, each done in turn) I now find that the updates have left my
> Fedora 9 tetex intact but the updates to the libraries mean that
> latex does not run until I get the old libraries back. I have not
> updated Auctex since I am a bit concerned that something will break
> in the middle of two large projects. The Fedora 12 DVD does not seem
> to have any LaTeX/AucTeX rpms which strikes me as very odd - any
> experience out there?

I don't know Fedora, but teTeX has been abandoned four years ago, TeXLive is the
only remaining TeX for Unix-like systems. (Though there is a port of MikTeX to
Linux underway, IIUC.) Since all of TeXLive is rather big, it may be that Fedora
doesn't provide it as part of its distribution, so you'd have to install it
yourself:

http://www.tug.org/texlive/

HTH

Joost