Re: [AUCTeX] Adding custom "make" command to TeX-command-list

From: Jim Burton
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Adding custom "make" command to TeX-command-list
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:05:36 +0100

At Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:06:20 -0400,
Joel J. Adamson wrote:

>     > I could call an external script with TeX-run-command but I thought
>     > it would be nicer to do it emacs...has someone already done this?
>
> Hi,
>
> I now run all my projects using make (GNU Make), so I don't use the
> AUCTeX C-cC-c anymore.  I'm working on an ever-present "compile" button
> that will run make without confirmation whenever there's a Makefile in
> the default-directory.  Is this of interest to you?

Hi Joel, that would be (somewhat) interesting to me, provided that it
maintains most of the functionality of C-c C-c, especially allowing me
to switch to a buffer that presents errors isolated from the rest of
the output, but hiding the output if there was no error -- I find this
really helpful, and miss it badly if I just run M-! make. In general
though, I'd prefer an 'internal' solution so I don't need to create
and maintain makefiles.

Jim

--
J Burton