Re: [AUCTeX] Preview-latex questions

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Preview-latex questions
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:52:47 +0200

* Boris Hollas (2010-05-22) writes:

> I have several questions related to the display of latex commands in the
> buffer, in particular in preview-latex mode:
>
> - I have \newcommand*{\defi}[1] {\emph{#1}}. Is it possible to make
> \defi{..} appear in italic or bold in the buffer?

preview-latex should render this stuff in italics (in case the typeset
output will also be in italics).  Or are you referring to font locking?
In the latter case, please check the manual:
(info "(auctex)Fontification of macros")

> - I have environments like
>
>         \begin{algorithm}[H]
>         \If{cond}{
>           \Goto{$M_i$}
>         }
>         \end{algorithm}
[...]
> that I don't want to appear within the surrounding text, ie not as a
> separate figure. Preview-latex doesn't render them correctly. Can this
> be fixed?

I don't understand this description/question.

> - I use Latex-commands for German quotes, as in
> {\glqq}Turing-berechenbar{\grqq}. Can Auctex show these as quotes, as in
> „Turing-berechenbar“ or "Turing-berechenbar"?

Why would you want to write quotation marks like that?  AUCTeX makes it
very easy for you to use the babel quotes "` and "'.  Simply type <">
twice.  Or you can make use of the csquotes LaTeX package and get e.g. »
and « in the buffer when typing <"> if you customize
`LaTeX-csquotes-{open,close}-quote' accordingly.  And then you can
advise csquotes to typeset those as „ and “.

> - Is it possible to outline environments for definition, theorem, proof
> to make them more visible in the buffer?

What do you mean with "more visible"?