[AUCTeX] Preview doesn't work in Auctex

From: Christian Bourjau
Subject: [AUCTeX] Preview doesn't work in Auctex
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 23:23:14 +0100

Hello everybody,
A few days ago I gave emacs/aucTex a spin as a editor for latex files. So far
I'm really convinced by that editor (used Kile quite a lot before), however I
am not able to find the "preview" function anywhere. I think it is supposed to
be part of auctex and should show up in the menu once a tex file is loaded,
isn't it? In my case however, it doesn't show up... I've actually tried it on
two different machines running PCLinuxOS but the problem was both times exactly
the same. All the other latex related options are there and work. It is only
this preview thing.
I even tried to load the preview part separately by typing "(load "preview-
latex.el")" followed by hitting c-j. I get the following message:

Invalid image size (see `max-image-size')

I'm using emacs 23.1.1 on pclinuxos. Any help is greatly apreciated

Christian