[AUCTeX] New environment and newline

From: vinay_wagh
Subject: [AUCTeX] New environment and newline
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:37:49 -0800 (PST)

I am having auctex 11.85-1ubuntu1 and emacs 23.1+1-4ubuntu7 (both installed
from Ubuntu repo). For last couple of months I am observing a strange
problem. Whenever I insert a new environment the newlines are kind of
misplaced.

For example, for a new document, by C-c C-e, if I insert a new environment
"document", then the line documentclass[OPTIONS]{article} is printed after
\end{document} line.

Similarly, in case of environments like enumerate, itemize, etc. the \item
command is printed on the same line as \begin{ENV_NAME}

Is there any way to fix this? I tried playing with latex.el in the directory
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/, but didnt make any change.

Thanks in advance,
Apologies if already discussed, but I couldnt find the solution.

-- VInay

P.S.
Sorry, in case you are getting the message in duplicate, there was some
error and the site suggested me to "resend".