Re: [AUCTeX] Install fails with Emacs 24.0.50 on XP

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Install fails with Emacs 24.0.50 on XP
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 18:22:10 +0100

On 9 Jan 2011 at 16:10, Ralf Angeli wrote:

> * Uwe Siart (2011-01-05) writes:
>
> > I'm having problems to install AUCTeX in Emacs 24 on Windows XP.
> > Actually I can't tell if this is an Emacs or an AUCTeX issue:
> >
> > 'configure' runs fine. But on 'make' the system reports a fatal error
> > caused by Emacs but without any detailed information about the error. I
> > click "No" (don't send a report to M$) then the installation continues
> > without any further error. Also 'make install' finishes faultlessly.
>
> Are you able to pinpoint the exact command which caused the error?  Or
> at least the make target?
>
> In case make pauses when the error happens, the command should be close
> to the bottom of the output.  In case you need to capture the output to
> a file you can use something like `make install 2>&1 | tee make.out'.
> The output will then be sent to the terminal as well as to the file
> `make.out'.

I attached my make.out. make pauses when the error happens. The pause
is after line 12 "Wrote c:/temp/auctex-20110109-a/auto-loads.el" while
a fatal error dialog pops up. I also attached the auto-loads.el - it's
basically empty.

> Is that a snapshot from Uni Ulm?

Yes.

Thanks for your help. I will try to provide any information you need.
By myself I have no clue how to track this down.

Uwe