[AUCTeX] Lua commands in TeX-buffers: highlighting by using indirect buf

From: AW
Subject: [AUCTeX] Lua commands in TeX-buffers: highlighting by using indirect buffers?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 21:25:53 +0200

Hi everybody,

as LuaTeX probably will become the successor to pdfTeX, I guess, adapting
AUCTeX to this is a must. The most important feature is syntax highlighting of
both, LaTeX and Lua, in one or another way, when both are employed in the same
file. More and more people will use Lua snippets in *.tex-files.

I'm aware of the fact that the question, whether a two-mode-buffer makes
sense, has been discussed before, see here:

For a start, would it be possible to make syntax highlighting in indirect
buffers possible? It does not work with LaTeX-buffers (C-x 4 c RET M-x lua-
mode RET), the highlighting did not change. Starting the other way round --
open a *.tex-file, change mode to lua-mode, then create indirect buffer and
change there to latex-mode -- left me with a mixture of highlighting (23.3 +
11.86).

I'd appreciate any other solution. If I can contribute something, I'd be glad.

Regards,
Alexander