[AUCTeX] inverse search when comipling only part of the document

From: Jonas Frey
Subject: [AUCTeX] inverse search when comipling only part of the document
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 19:43:31 +0200

Hello,

I have a problem with inverse search. I'm using pdflatex with synctex.
When I have a document with multiple files and I compile only one file, using
C-c C-b, then inverse search does not jump to this file in emacs, but to a temporary
called _region_.tex.

Of course, this is not what I want. If I find an error in the pdf for example, and use
inverse search to jump to the source and correct it, then the correction will only be
in the temporary file, and I might not even notice if I don't pay attention.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks a lot,

Jonas