Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex, custom commands and \PreviewMacro

From: Moritz Maxeiner
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex, custom commands and \PreviewMacro
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:02:20 +0100

On 06.11.2011 10:29, Frederik wrote:
Am 05.11.2011 14:48, schrieb Moritz Maxeiner:
Hi,
I started to use auctex and preview-latex and they work great, save for
one thing; and that is, that preview images
get misplaced (placed after } instead of withing) if I use custom commands:

\newcommand{\enuml}[1]
{
    \begin{enumerate}[(i)]
    \end{enumerate}
}

\enuml
{
    \item $a = c$
} % Preview(s) (of all items inside) gets placed here

\begin{enumerate}
    \item $a = b$ % Preview gets placed here
\end{enumerate}

Now, I searched for a solution and came upon \PreviewMacro, but I could
not get it to work no matter how I used it - I tried several
of the things described here:
http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net/manual/Provided-commands.html
Did you try to put
        \PreviewMacro*{\enuml}
in the preamble and to reapply the style hooks via C-c C-n or to close
the buffer and to reopen it afterwards? This works for me.

Regards

Sorry, hit the wrong button and replied to you directly instead of the list, so now here again: At the point in time where you wrote this I tried that and it did not work (Putting \PreviewMacro*{\enuml} in the preamble); now, I tried putting it in the document itself instead of the preable (so right after \begin{document}) and somehow it works. Does anyone have an idea, why the command seems not to work
when put in the preamble and only when put in the document body?

Regards,
    Moritz

PS: I tried this on GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) (compiled it myself) and on the same version compiled under linux (Archlinux); both versions have the same result in only previewing correctly, if \PreviewMacro
is put inside the document body...