Re: [AUCTeX] Insertion of braces in math mode for certain macros

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Insertion of braces in math mode for certain macros
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:32:57 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
> But currently, I don't see exactly how to implement that.  Is there
> already a check for package "usiness"?

Yes, the variable TeX-active-styles contains a list of currently
\use'd'package.

>  And a function that's run
> periodically/when the used packages have been altered?

Periodically, I don't think so, but iirc TeX-normal-mode (bound to C-c
C-n) updates that list when it's called.

In fact the alist you're proposing is/should be split into the style
files for each package (these style files are loaded from the paths
referenced in TeX-style-path.)

The other way would be to follow (info "(auctex) Hacking the Parser") to
make AUCTeX aware of \DeclareRobustCommand and friends (I have in mind
\DeclareMathOperator, also from amsmath, and also
\DeclarePairedDelimiter from the mathtools package). I must admit I
never went that deep into the internals of auctex. I hope I get a chance
to look at it some day.

--
Nico.