Re: [AUCTeX] autocomplete only for Latex commands/keywords?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] autocomplete only for Latex commands/keywords?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:07:09 +0200

Jannis <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Indeed I did. Is there any way to include such (or all) available
>>> macros into this autocompletion?
>> This should happen automatically.  If you have \usepackage{graphicx} in
>> your document, AUCTeX will load auctex/style/graphicx.el, and that adds
>> the macros and environments provided by the graphicx package (including
>> \includegraphics) to the completion machinery.  For this to work, you
>> need the customizations Mosè mentioned previously.
>
> My settings are exactly as Mosé suggested and there is still no completion for
> \includegraphics and others but only for some standard Latex commands.
>
> Any ideas?

I've just written this minimal sample file bar.tex and saved it.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}

\end{document}

When saving, AUCTeX created a file auto/bar.el with these contents.

(TeX-add-style-hook
 "bar"
 (lambda ()
   (TeX-run-style-hooks
    "latex2e"
    "article"
    "art10"
    "graphicx")))

The (TeX-run-style-hooks ... "graphicx") will add the macros provided by
the graphicx package to the completions.  When I hit C-c RET now, I can
complete \includegraphics.

What AUCTeX version are you using?  Is the corresponding style file
graphicx.el installed somewhere (maybe as compiled graphicx.elc)?  It
should be somewhere below /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/.

Bye,
Tassilo