[AUCTeX] how to use the git repository to obtain the latest aucTeX?

From: TeXnicien de Surface
Subject: [AUCTeX] how to use the git repository to obtain the latest aucTeX?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:16:53 +0200

hello all

I've switched to the latest emacs (24.3.1) and would like to do the same
with aucTeX. It seems that the bleeding edge is available on the git
repository. But I'm a bit perplexed so:

I'd like to know (one of) the best way(s) to grab aucTeX on the git
repository and install it somewhere on my machine.
Consider me a newbie for all that matters :)
so please, don't hesitate to detail the instructions,
a step by step procedure would be tremendously appreciated.

many thanks in advance for any useful hint

--
Le TeXnicien de Surface