Re: [AUCTeX] Preview problems when using a certain document class

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Preview problems when using a certain document class
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 10:34:01 +0200

Mark Jago <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for all the input. Although it looks very intriguing, excuse me
> for bringing the conversation to a more simple level... The discussion
> is a bit beyond my current knowledge of AUCTeX.
>
> How should one interpret your findings from a high-level point of
> view? Is there a version incompatibility with Emacs, AUCTeX and
> Ghostcscript, and I happen to have a setup that causes problems to
> preview certain documents? If so, what solution do you suggest?
> Updating to newer versions?

Try moving to GhostScript 9.10.  At least on my computer, its version of
pdf2dsc works, while several people reported failures for their 9.09
version.  It does not look like you have much of a chance of getting
anywhere regarding PDF previews otherwise.

That does not necessarily mean that this is all that is required, but
without an upgrade to 9.10 (or possibly a downgrade to an earlier
version) you'll get nowhere.

--
David Kastrup