[AUCTeX] TeX-add-style-hook appends or overwrites?

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX-add-style-hook appends or overwrites?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:09:20 +0530

According to the documentation for TeX-add-style-hook, it should
"give STYLE yet another HOOK to run."

In my .emacs, I have, via (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook '(lambda () ...,

(TeX-add-style-hook
 "beamer"
 (lambda ()
   (LaTeX-add-environments
    '("block" (lambda (env &rest ignore) ...

because I want "frames" and "blocks" handled a little differently from
the default.

When I look at the variable TeX-style-hook-list, I find that it has ONLY
the above lambda, rather than the above in addition to the default
provided by auctex. As a result, I don't get any of auctex's default
goodies for beamer.

The documentation string suggests that my hook should be added on to
whatever exists. Am I misunderstanding something?

I'm still on 11.86. Sorry if this has already been fixed in 11.87.

Thanks,
Mandar.