Re: [AUCTeX] style hooks and info compilation failures on git auctex

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] style hooks and info compilation failures on git auctex
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:39:07 +0100

Sivaram Neelakantan <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Sivaram,

> Any way to fix the miktex based makeinfo issue?

Not sure what's the issue with miktex's makeinfo (probably too old?),
but you can do

  $ MAKEINFO=/usr/bin/makeinfo ./configure ...

or put

  export MAKEINFO=/usr/bin/makeinfo

into your shell's init file (e.g., ~/.bashrc, ~/.zshrc).

> 2. style files are not being picked when I add packages like beamer
> and listings package to a document.

Hm, it does for me.  Do you add the packages using C-c RET usepackage
RET <package>?

> C-c C-n doesn't seem to work.

Hm, when I just write \usepackage{beamer} and then do C-c C-n, beamer
and all style hooks required by it are run.

> I don't know where to start to debug this.

Well, it could mean that auctex doesn't find the style hooks.  Did you
install auctex like stated in the docs?

Bye,
Tassilo