[AUCTeX] Problem with reftex-toc when both LaTeX and Texinfo file are vi

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: [AUCTeX] Problem with reftex-toc when both LaTeX and Texinfo file are visited.
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 21:14:10 +0100

Hello Ralf & alii,

I have found a problem in the implementation of the Texinfo reftex
plugin which I had formerly provided --- quite some time ago.

When you open a Texinfo file first and launch the TOC, and then open a
LaTeX file --- and these two files are the two first ones that invoke
AUCTeX --- then the TOC does not work for the second --- ie LaTeX ---
file.

The reason is that reftex-compile-variables is not called again for the
LaTeX file by reftex-ensure-compiled-variables because in the plugin I
had played a brute force trick by setting reftex-tables-dirty to t when
entering a Texinfo file, rather than making some effect on the style
stored in cache so that the reftex-compile-variables would be
retriggered when entering the second file.

Attached is a correction.

I must say that ideally there should be a change to RefTeX also, so that
constant reftex-label-alist-builtin is affected. I provide some `dirty'
trick for handling the interim period when ReTeX and AUCTeX correction
are out of sync.

   Vincent.