[AUCTeX] Change spell dictionary per document

From: Axel E. Retif
Subject: [AUCTeX] Change spell dictionary per document
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:39:07 -0600

Hi,

In .emacs I have Spanish as predefined dictionary for spell checking, but for some documents I need English spell checking.

I can change dictionaries when I open a document, but is there a way to specify a dictionary *in* the document?

I can't use

    -*- ispell-dictionary: "english" -*-

because when the authors open the documents with their editors, those editors for sure will not understand said line.

I tried with

    (add-hook 'TeX-language-en-hook
    (lambda () (ispell-change-dictionary "english")))

in my .emacs, as I have \usepackage[english]{babel} in the preamble, but it didn't work.

Best

Axel