Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-math-mode in other modes

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-math-mode in other modes
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:30:01 +0100

Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> writes:

> Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>> `LaTeX-math-mode' is defined in latex.el, so you could have
>>
>>   ;; the usual auctex setup here...
>>   (require 'latex)
>>   (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'LaTeX-math-mode)
>>
>> in your ~/.emacs instead of your `eval-after-load'.  Then it'll work no
>> matter if you've opened some latex file before, but your emacs startup
>> time will increase a bit.

That's what I was trying to avoid: my auctex setup is taking some time
to load on my oldest machines. I'm about to change my computer so that
won't be a problem anymore.

> Alternatively to (require 'latex), you could do:
> (autoload 'LaTeX-math-mode "latex")
>
> This doens't increase the startup time, but increases the time it takes
> to start org-mode the first time.

I'm not sure I understand how it affects org-mode startup.

Anyway, the short answer seems to be that there is no way to use
LaTeX-math-mode without loading the whole latex-mode.

Thanks for your answers.

Julien.