Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.88 released

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.88 released
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:28:31 +0100

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Uwe,

>> So far I just see some interference between electric-pair-mode and
>> LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace. If both are non-nil I get unexpected
>> results. But I can't yet tell if it's a bug. First I will have to learn
>> more about these new features.
>
> Uh?  latex.el sets `electric-pair-mode' to nil locally for LaTeX
> buffer, just to avoid these problems.  How come it's non-nil for you
> there?

Mosè, sorry for the noise. I was overhasty. Maybe I can explain now:

I've set electric-pair-mode to t. Emacs was running. I read about
LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace, wanted to give it a try, called
customize-variable and pressed 'Apply'. Then I returned to the LaTeX
buffer which existed before. I typed '(' and got '(()'.

Now I saved my customizations, opened LaTeX file again, and it worked
correctly.

So I think that reseting electric-pair-mode did not work because the
LaTeX buffer was created before I customized
LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace.

--
Uwe