Re: [AUCTeX] Using debbugs as bug tracker

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Using debbugs as bug tracker
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:37:51 +0100

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè,

>>> Debbugs has been enabled for AUCTeX, then from now on every new
>>> email to address@hidden will open a new ticket on debbugs, to
>>> which you should reply by writing to address@hidden, with NNN
>>> being the ticket number (if you reply by writing to
>>> address@hidden you'll open a *new* ticket).
>>
>> Phew, do you know what happens if someone replies to an existing
>> (pre-debbugs) bug report?  I hope that won't create a new report...
>
> Unfortunately it will, this is the drawback of the transition period.

Ah, I hoped that debbugs would be so clever and treat messages with
References header differently.

BTW, what's now with the gmane.emacs.auctex.bugs newsgroup gateway to
the bug-auctex mailing list?  Should we request that it is made
read-only (as a kind of archive) or deleted altogether?  And the same
question applies to the bug-auctex list itself.  Does that still receive
bugs reported with `TeX-submit-bug-report', i.e., mails sent to
bug-auctex?

> The ticket already present for the AUCTeX package (should we close it?
> IIRC the number of warnings has been reduced)

Yeah, we made it from 300 warnings down to 270.  That can easily be
considered as "fixed". ;-)

Fun aside: I'd suggest to just let it there.  Maybe it'll motivate
someone to squash some other warnings.

> is also a follow-up of an existing bug report, so we are accustomed to
> that ;-)

Yes, but we should try to keep that transition phase short.  For
example, if the bug-auctex list is basically offline now, we could
inform all its subscribers of the switch to debbugs.

Bye,
Tassilo