Re: [AUCTeX] out comment every line

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] out comment every line
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:41:57 +0100

Lars Madsen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Lars,

> If you run TeX-comment-region it will out comment the lines that are
> not blank. How can I tell it to comment everyline even if it is blank?

That's not special to AUCTeX, i.e., `TeX-comment-region' just defines
the comment characters and then calls `comment-region' which does the
actual commenting.  For the latter, the default is to comment only
non-blank lines but it can be changed using:

,----[ C-h v comment-empty-lines RET ]
| comment-empty-lines is a variable defined in `newcomment.el'.
| Its value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| If nil, `comment-region' does not comment out empty lines.
| If t, it always comments out empty lines.
| If `eol' it only comments out empty lines if comments are
| terminated by the end of line (i.e. `comment-end' is empty).
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo