Re: [AUCTeX] Preview: Toggling all previews' visibility on/off at once?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Preview: Toggling all previews' visibility on/off at once?
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 09:00:26 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Dear All,
>
> Could someone here help me creating a particular function in
> AUCTeX-preview? Also, I wonder if such a function would be of interest
> to other people too, to submit it as a feature request:
>
> In Preview, it would be useful to have a function that toggles on/off
> the visibility of all previews in the buffer, independently of the
> position of point. The key word here is *toggle*, rather than
> *regenerate*.
>
> The function preview-at-point only toggles one preview, and only if
> the point is positioned on the preview. So if one only needs to take a
> quick look at the LaTeX code of a couple of formulae above or below
> point, one must:
> 1. move point to the preview,
> 2. call preview-at-point (or mouse-2),
> 3. take a look and memorize the code of interest,
> 4. call preview-at-point,
> 5. move point back.

I tend to right-click on the preview, copy the preview content and paste
it above where I am editing.  Cleaning up afterwards is also easy with
the mouse (two right mouse clicks in a row delete the current mouse
selection).

That is not to say that the requested feature wouldn't be useful,
particularly for a keyboard-centric workflow.

--
David Kastrup