Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX support in lettre

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX support in lettre
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 12:23:13 +0100

Hi Vincent,

> Dear AUCTeX experts,
>
> For your information I intend to add AUCTeX support to package lettre of
> which I am the maintainer.
>
> Here is a preliminary verison, comments/brickbats welcome...
>
> http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/lettre_observatoire/trunk/source/latex/lettre/lettre.el?revision=177&view=markup

Just a comment: please use `TeX-read-string' instead of `read-string' ;-)

> My intention is to add BBDB support, I have seen that this is also in the
> TODO list of AUCTeX for class letter. I think that it would be a good idea if
> some code could be commonalized for all letter supporting classes (the three
> main ones, AFAIK, are letter, lettre, and koma-script).

I don't know what BBDB actually does, could you please briefly explain
which features provides and how do you plan to integrate with your
package?

> Any idea how to do that ? Any suggestion where to start ?

Do you mean how to commonalize the functions used in those style
files?  If so, indeed we don't have a real place where to put
functions that should be used only in style files, they simply go in
tex.el or latex.el, where appropriate.  tex-style.el has been used so
far only for variables (as stated also in the header).

Bye,
Mosè