Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX support in lettre

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX support in lettre
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 16:57:38 +0100

Hello Mosè,

BBDB is some sort of phone book (well, it means insidious Big-Bother
Data Base). My intention is to have functions to read the to-address with
auto-completion by getting the data from BBDB by means of name or
organisation.

It is not that simple because the way you present the address in a
postal sending may need some formatting dependent on the country, so
probably a defcustom is needed to make this more open. There may also be
some dependance on the LaTeX extension (koma-script, letter or lettre),
I have not investigated kom-script yet, but letter and lettre are quite
similar.

The same recipient name may also be associated with several snail mail
address, so there also needs to be some selection mechanism for this
case.

Concerning the place where to put the Elisp code, well I don't know
where the best place is, probably some new tex-bbdb.el would be a good
alternative.

VBR,
    Vincent Belaïche

PS: CC to BBDB list.