Re: [AUCTeX] how to disable indentation for tabular-like environment

From: Denis Bitouzé
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] how to disable indentation for tabular-like environment
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 08:17:55 +0100

Le 15/12/16 à 22h22, Mosè Giordano a écrit :

>> Maybe I didn't understand what `current-indentation' is supposed to do
>> but with the following:
>>
>>   ┌────
>>   │ \begin{myenv}
>>   │ \begin{frame}
>>   │   Foo.
>>   │ \end{frame}
>>   │ \end{myenv}
>>   └────
>>
>> and the cursor on the line:
>>
>>   ┌────
>>   │ \begin{frame}
>>   └────
>>
>> pressing <TAB> does indent the line.
>
> `current-indentation` is usually employed in verbatim-like
> environments: as it leaves indentation as it is, doesn't change.

That's the reason I'm puzzled: I expected pressing <TAB> doesn't indent
the line if the cursor is on the line:

  ┌────
  │ \begin{frame}
  └────

> It keeps "current indentation".  What do you want to achieve?

I'd like to achieve for `myenv' environment the same behavior as the
`document' environment. For instance, with the following content:

  ┌────
  │ \documentclass{article}
  │ \begin{document}
  │ Foo.