Re: [AUCTeX] Completion in minibuffer

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Completion in minibuffer
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 11:50:33 +0100

Hi Denis,

> Hi,
>
> thanks to completion packages (`auto-complete', `company'), one can save
> a lot of time and pain while typing text and code.
>
> It would be helpfull as well for LaTeX but, with C-c <RET>, everything
> takes place in the mini-buffer where, AFAIK, completion of commands or
> environments already present in the buffer (current and other ones open)
> isn't performed.
>
> Would it be possible to have completion in minibuffer? Or maybe there is
> a better solution?

I use helm for completion in minibuffer, but I didn't try
alternatives, like the already mentioned ivy.  Here is a longish guide
for configuring helm: https://tuhdo.github.io/helm-intro.html
However, regarding compatibility with AUCTeX, helm doesn't work with
`multi-prompt-key-value' (function used in AUCTeX to provide
completions for key=value syntax) and helm's maintainer doesn't want
to fix it because they only support recent Emacsens.

Bye,
Mosè