Re: [AUCTeX] what is wrong in my call to dvipdfmx with unicode filename?

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] what is wrong in my call to dvipdfmx with unicode filename?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 11:14:10 +0100

Hi Tassilo

Le 22 janv. 2017 à 11:00, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> a écrit :

> jfbu <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Jean-François,
>
>> Calling dvipdfmx éé.dvi from the command line has no issue
>
> I think the problem is that in your command, the dvi file is both
> enclosed in double-quotes and additionally escaped with \.  So please
> try with
>
>  ("PDF par dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx %d" TeX-run-command nil t
>   :help "Produit le pdf par dvipdfmx")

Yes, that works,

actually for dvips I had

("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-command t t :help "Generate PostScript
file")

which was official set-up (at least at the time when I
froze Tex-command-list with my additions, I should check
more often if "upstream" has evolved)

I must have used \"%d\" for filenames with spaces back then.
Or perhaps I copied that from elsewhere.

But I was mistaken because testing now with "File" as above
for latex+dvips I see that spaces are escaped automatically it seems

Running `File' on `é é' with ``dvips e\́\ e\́.dvi -o e\́\ e\́.ps ''

and now after having removed per your suggestion the quotes:

Running `PDF par dvipdfmx' on `é é' with ``dvipdfmx e\́\ e\́.dvi''
é é.dvi -> é é.pdf
[1]
1631 bytes written

TeX Output finished at Sun Jan 22 11:11:04

This \"%d\" has been there in my customization for many many
years, perhaps back then it was used elsewhere in TeX-command-list
and I copied it.

(desperate effort to shift the blame to someone else ;-) )

Thanks for helping out, hope it may be useful one day to people
reading this !

Jean-François