Re: [AUCTeX] Repeat TeX-command-run-all without buffer change

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Repeat TeX-command-run-all without buffer change
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 19:39:35 +0200

Hi Thorsten,

> Hi list,
>
> the command TeX-command-run-all sometimes not detects that another latex
> run is necessary. That's no problem one could hit C-c C-a again, but this
> does only work for me if the buffer changes (add a word or delete a
> whitespace). I find this inconvenient. For example in Texstudio one can
> hit the compile command several times behind each other.
>
> What can I do to fix that?

In previous versions of AUCTeX, you had to manually run C-c C-c
multiple times in order to fully compile the document, being the
default command suggested by AUCTeX decided by `TeX-command-default'.
C-c C-a is a recent addition to AUCTeX, it automatically runs all
commands detected by `TeX-command-default', it makes the sequence C-c
C-c RET C-c C-c RET... completely automatic.  In most cases, C-c C-a
runs LaTeX, the bibliography engine, and makeindex the right number of
times.  If you believe that sometimes `TeX-command-default' fails to
detect a necessary command, please share this situation so that we can
improve its logic.

In any case, when you need to manually run a command (say, LaTeX), you
can always use good ol' C-c C-c.

Bye,
Mosè