[AUCTeX] Spurious newline after folded macros.

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [AUCTeX] Spurious newline after folded macros.
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:18:40 +0100

Hi all,

After the recent AUCTeX update to version 12.1.1 (which I installed just two days ago, due to having been on vacation), I noticed a strange problem with TeX-fold-mode. After a folded macro, there is a spurious newline, i.e., the text is continued on the next line, even though there is no newline in the actual text.

This screenshot shows the problem:

The LaTeX source contains \textit{Aliquam}, which is folded here, and the next (eget) word is displayed on the next line. If I unfold, you can see the newline isn't actually there:

This was never an issue in previous versions of AUCTeX (I use TeX-fold-mode quite extensively).

The screenshots were taken with `emacs -Q -L ~/.elpa/auctex-12.1.1', Emacs version is 25.3.50.1, compiled from source. (`visual-line-mode' is active in the buffer, but deactivating that doesn't change anything).

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a fix / workaround?

TIA

Joost

--
Joost Kremers