Re: [AUCTeX] Carets and underscores become red occasionally in math mode

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Carets and underscores become red occasionally in math mode .
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 22:20:25 +0200

"Kourosh Kalayeh" <address@hidden> writes:

> I disabled my loaded theme but the issue persists.  Any other
> suggestion?

No, not really.  I think it is time to get into debugging.  My
suggestion is to update your AUCTeX to latest version from ELPA.  Then
do `M-x list-load-path-shadows RET' and check that you don't have
multiple installations.  Then start Emacs from a shell with

    emacs -q &

and in scratch buffer, insert

    (package-initialize)

place the cursor after ) and hit `C-x C-e'.  Then load you .tex file and
try it again.  Updating your Emacs might also help.

Best, Arash