Re: [AUCTeX] How to modify TeX-view-program-selection

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to modify TeX-view-program-selection
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 14:20:54 +0200

On Thu, Sep 13 2018, Greg Bognar wrote:
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook '(lambda () (add-to-list 'TeX-view-program-selection '((output-pdf "zathura")))
             ))

There's no need to do this in LaTeX-mode-hook, it should be enough to have (add-to-list 'TeX-view-program-selection '((output-pdf "Zathura")))

in your init file. Doing it in LaTeX-mode-hook means it's executed each time you open a LaTeX file, which is harmless but unnecessary.

Note, though, that Zathura is defined in TeX-view-program-list-builtin as "Zathura" (note the capital Z), so that's what you need to put in TeX-view-program-selection. (I suspect that is the cause of your troubles.)

As for the entry for Evince in TeX-view-program-selection, I have no idea if
that conflicts, but if you need to get rid of that, you could do:

(setcdr (assq 'output-pdf TeX-view-program-selection) "Zathura")

instead of the add-to-list invocation above. But I suspect that AUCTeX will simply use the first matching entry in TeX-view-program-selection, so the entry for Evince shouldn't cause problems.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments