Re: [AUCTeX] Headache: filenames with Umlaut under Windows, backward sea

From: AW
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Headache: filenames with Umlaut under Windows, backward search gives error
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 12:41:18 +0200

Hi Arash,
Am Freitag, 27. September 2019, 23:18:36 CEST schrieb Arash Esbati:
> Hi Alexander,

> 1)  Open a DOS-box with `Windows-key cmd RET'

This starts the Emacs-version I installed under MSYS2, so I had to navigate to
c:/emacs/bin and then runemacs . Then I get the system installed directly
under Windows. (I hesitage to call it »native« version.)

> 2)  Make sure Emacs, Sumatrapdf and TL in the PATH
> 3)  Enter `runemacs RET'
> 4)  `C-x C-f ÜmläutÖ-täst.tex RET' and yanked your test file
> 5)  `C-c C-t C-s' to enable `TeX-source-correlate-mode'
Mode is enabled.

> 6)  `C-c C-c' to compile and `C-c C-v' to view
>
> and Synctex works for me without a problem (both ways).  What is your
> workflow?

That's nice! So with the MSYS2 (is that cygwin?) version it might work. I've
got to look into that, but all of next week I'm on the road, so somewhere in
October.

Thanke you!

Regards,

Alexander