Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file

From: David Denton
Subject: Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 18:29:22 -0400

These are the values I get.

TeX-master is a buffer-local variable defined in tex.el.
Global Value

file-local-variables-alist is a buffer-local variable without a source
file.
Global Value
nil

On 2021-04-05 5:40 p.m., Joost Kremers wrote:
On Mon, Apr 05 2021, David Denton wrote:
If I delete the local variable, then I get Auctex to add it again using C-c _,
in order to point Auctex to  the main file. Then I am able to compile. However,
as soon as I leave Doom-Emacs or Emacs, and reload, I am back where I started.
So Emacs / Doom-Emacs is simply not seeing the local variable when the files are
being reloaded.
You should perhaps try some basic trouble shooting. Check the value of the
variable `TeX-master` after reloading your file, and also check the value of
`file-local-variables-alist`. You can do this with `C-h v TeX-master RET` and
`C-h v file-local-variables-alist RET`.