Failed to skip from chapter tex file to master pdf file.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Failed to skip from chapter tex file to master pdf file.
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 23:23:28 +0800

On Ubuntu 20.04, I compiled this project:
<https://gitlab.kwant-project.org/jbweston/thesis>, with xelatex +
xdvipdfmx via latexmk. When I open the tex master file in Emacs
integrated with the auctex and pdf-tools, I can skip from the pdf file
to the corresponding tex source file, but failed vice versa, as shown
below:

```
epdfinfo: Error opening
/home/werner/Public/hpc/tools/thesis/gitlab.kwant-project.org/jbweston/thesis.git/content/conclusion.pdf:No
such file or directory
(New file)
File mode specification error: (error epdfinfo: Error opening
/home/werner/Public/hpc/tools/thesis/gitlab.kwant-project.org/jbweston/thesis.git/content/conclusion.pdf:No
such file or directory)
End of buffer [6 times]
```

I tried with the following two options, but all failed with the same
error mentioned above:

(setq-default TeX-master nil)
or
(setq-default TeX-master 'dwim)

Any hints for solving this problem?

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province