audio-video

[Audio-video] A mobile digital audio workstation that should meet the Re

From: Tobias Platen
Subject: [Audio-video] A mobile digital audio workstation that should meet the Respects Your Freedom hardware product certification requirements
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:23:39 +0200

Currently I plan to develop a digital audio player / workstation that runs with free software only. Most Android devices (including Miselu Neiro) do not respect your freedom, so it's time to build a free replacement. The hardware should be able to run lauloid (https://gitorious.org/lauloid), a free replacement for Vocaloid that I am currently writing. I will sell my product at Fairnopoly (http://www.fairnopoly.de/) under the name GNUKlang.

Hardware:
- A13-OLinuXino with A13 Cortex A8 processor at 1GHz and 512 MB RAM
- 3D printed case
- LCD16x2 display and some hardware buttons
- 3 USB host and 1 USB OTG
- Rechargable LIPO Battery
- microSD-card connector for booting the GNU/Linux image

Software:
- Debian with Linux-libre-sunxi and no nonfree software
- SBL screenreader - Braille support
- Ogg Vorbis support using mpd
- GNU LilyPond for music typesetting
- Timidity for MIDI playback