audio-video

[Audio-video] [task #13174] Submission of a Richard Stallman talk.

From: J.B. Nicholson-Owens
Subject: [Audio-video] [task #13174] Submission of a Richard Stallman talk.
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 00:55:41 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, task #13174 (project audio-video):

As per rms's second request ("Second, if you make an audio or video recording
and you want to distribute copies, that's okay but only in the formats that
are favorable to Free Software. Those are the Ogg formats and WebM. No MP3, no
MPEG. Certainly not Flash." starting at 2m50s into the file) I think this
video is going to require transcoding of the audio track which is in MPEG AAC
Audio.

The file consists of three main parts: a Matroska container containing a video
track and an audio track.

The video track is fine as-is. Transcoding the video is not necessary because
the video is already in a format that favors Free Software--Theora. The
container--Matroska--should also be okay as-is. Transcoding the entire file to
WebM should end up altering only audio track by transcoding it to either
Vorbis or Opus (both Vorbis and Opus are audio codecs that favor Free
Software).

Perhaps Valmiky Arquissandas can get in touch with the people at SINFO and get
them to distribute this video in WebM?

If these kinds of comments are unacceptable here, please let me know where
they would be acceptable to post and I'll post them there instead.

Thanks.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13174>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/