[Autoconf] Re: What compiler was it?

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: [Autoconf] Re: What compiler was it?
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:41:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Ian!

> Here is the entire ChangeLog entry that I see in my copy of the
> sources:
>
>       Add support for Visual C++:

I see. Sorry, I didn't notice that :-(

On the positive side, your code has been removed in assumption that
it was MS Visual C because warnings are now only checked for the compilers
that fail to indicate missing includes with the error code, and MSVC is
not one of them.

I'm glad to see my assumption confirmed.

> I could have added a comment to AC_TRY_CPP.  I'm undecided as to
> whether that would be a good idea or not.  I think the ChangeLog entry
> does describe the breakage adequately.  But then, I am not of the
> school of thought in which every action requires an extensive
> explanation.

I didn't intend to be offensive. I'm sorry if I was :-(

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin