Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: David Morgan
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:16:53 -0700

Hi Pavel,

Initial testing is NOT going well.

On the Solaris 8 box that I am testing on the make check failed with a missing
automake and a missing makeinfo.  I installed automake 1.4 and a dummy makeinfo.

I have a:

tools.m4:164 ignored near `tools.m4:183'

I'm not sure what to do with the ignored as I got some on my Linux box as well.

I also tried on a QNX box (our torture test box for building our products)

The configure script bombs out while creating config.status with a message
 sed: 2:
         /^X\(.*^/\)\/\/*^ ...": RE error: parentheses not balanced

So it looks like we need some work on the RE's for a bad sed :(

What else would you like to know - we don't have the native cc in house
just the brain dead /usr/ucb one.

I also have other boxes if need be.

Regards
 David