Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: David Morgan
Subject: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:47:50 -0700

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:47:09 -0700
Hi Pavel,

I have found the offending statement :)

It is:

# If the user did not use the arguments to specify the items to instantiate,
# then the envvar interface is used.  Set only those that are not.
if $ac_need_defaults; then
  : ${CONFIG_FILES=$config_files}
fi

Before this CONFIG_FILES is blank and config_files has the list of files.
After this CONFIG_FILES has tests/atconfig and nothing else!

Changing this to:
# If the user did not use the arguments to specify the items to instantiate,
# then the envvar interface is used.  Set only those that are not.
if $ac_need_defaults; then
  CONFIG_FILES=$config_files
fi

Worked.

I'm not sure this is real portable though :)

I now have makefiles and the Make produced the following output:

Makefile:142: warning: overriding commands for target `//1/tmp/autoconf/.'
Makefile:132: warning: ignoring old commands for target `//1/tmp/autoconf/.'
Makefile:142: warning: overriding commands for target `.'
Makefile:132: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.'
make: Circular //1/tmp/autoconf/. <- //1/tmp/autoconf/. dependency dropped.
make: Circular . <- //1/tmp/autoconf/. dependency dropped.
make: Circular . <- . dependency dropped.
cd //1/tmp/autoconf && /bin/sh //1/tmp/autoconf/missing automake --gnu Makefile
WARNING: `automake' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.in'.
         You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
         Grab them from any GNU archive site.
cd //1/tmp/autoconf/. . . && /bin/sh //1/tmp/autoconf/missing autoconf
substitution too long
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running /bin/sh //1/tmp/autoconf/configure   --no-create --no-recursion
checking for a BSD compatible install... //1/tmp/autoconf/install-sh -c
configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean"
there first
make: *** [config.status] Error 1

Ah the joys of QNX - where should I start to look for solving this then?
The Makefile or the recheck?

Regards
 David

Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Hello, David!
>
> > checking for a BSD compatible install... //1/tmp/autoconf/install-sh -c
> > checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> > checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> > checking for working aclocal... missing
> > checking for working autoconf... missing
> > checking for working automake... missing
> > checking for working autoheader... missing
> > checking for working makeinfo... missing
>
> What a relief! I thought I really had messed up something.
>
> > checking for gm4... no
> > checking for gnum4... no
> > checking for m4... /usr/local/bin/m4
> > checking whether m4 supports frozen files... yes
> > checking for mawk... no
> > checking for gawk... no
> > checking for nawk... no
> > checking for awk... awk
> > checking for working help2man... missing
> > checking for perl... no
> > configure: WARNING: autoscan will not be built since perl is not found
> > checking for a BSD compatible install... //1/tmp/autoconf/install-sh -c
> > creating ./config.status
> > creating tests/atconfig
> >
> > Would you like the config.status as well or should I turn some sort of
> > debug logging on?
>
> You still don't show me the problem.
> Is config.status run by configure?
> Do makefiles exist after that?